Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The First Few Days

I LOVE the first few weeks of school! Everything is new and fresh,  and there is so much excitement in the air. As I was going through pictures from first days of years past- I can't help but smile. It's pretty special to look back at where they started and know how far they came in just a year. I can't wait to meet my new little kidlets and for the fun to start all over again!

Our first kindergarten crafts- scissors on the first day (whew!)

Reading books

Teddy Grahams graphs

We go on a scavenger hunt through our school's nature trail.

Shaving cream is an instant hit!

Learning to use whiteboards and our first learn to draw lesson.

Making new friends during free choice centers.

Last year I started Read to Self on the first day of school. I was so happy of the results.

For the first few weeks we do a lot of exploring math tools like the geo-boards, pattern blocks, tangrams, etc.

Making patterns with erasers from the dollar store.

More patterns!

In the beginning of the year I put Favorite Friends (popular book characters) books into the kids book boxes to read. Later on they are allowed to choose their own books from our classroom library.

We make tie-dyes the first week of school and wear them every 10th day.

I couldn't not add this one! These boys are telling the preying mantis "If you eat all your food you'll grow up big and strong like me!" Haha...LOVE kinders!

What do you do on your first days of school?

No comments:

Post a Comment