Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Pinterest Project: Welcome Message and FREEBIE

So my stint in Africa this summer helped me turn my teacher brain off for a while which was so nice! However the second I got back I was back on pinterest pinning like mad, and it was so much fun! So every summer I find just amazing ideas from other teachers, and I get so inspired. Granted there are many, many pins on my boards that I will probably never get around to actually using but I've picked a few of my favorites to actually do this year.

So without further ado here is the picture of what inspired my first pinterest project!
Cute right? I love what a positive message this gives the kids and really anyone who enters your classroom. So I typed up my own version, changing around a little to meet my needs (I'm thinking this original door is on a science classroom). And here's the final product!


And as promised here's a freebie for you to create a door message of your own! I included some extra words so you can customize your message to fit you and your students.  I printed them out, cut them and then backed them with colorful cardstock. Download your copy here!

Enjoy!
Jessie

5 comments:

  1. Looks great! Thanks for sharing!

    Heather (heathernnance@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Jessie. What a wonderfully strange moment it was reading this post. I'm a first grade teacher who just returned from a month in Uganda. Which part of Africa were you in? Thanks for sharing your door affirmation. I'm madly pinning and getting ready for the new year as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi pedalsandpencils! I was in Bukaja- just outside of Jinja. My friend Amy runs a maternity home for teen moms and has six kids! It was definitely a great way to spend the summer. Thanks for the sweet comment! Have a great year =)

      Delete
  3. THANK YOU for sharing these!! I kept looking at them on Pinterest, but did not have the energy to put them together myself. I love your phrases and your fonts! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing this. Several teachers at my school have this on their doors...I love your cute version. =)

    I am happy to be your newest follower. I would love for you to hop over and visit me when you get the chance. I have lots of Thanksgiving *freebies* you can grab. =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete